Jr. Drag Racing League
NHRA Jr. Drag Racing Certified Driver Only ($25 ANNUAL FEE)
Ages: Open to ages 8-17 years old
Race Track: 1/8 mile long
Speeds: 8-9 years old - 12.90
sec (50 mph) or slower
10-17 years old - 7.90 sec (85 mph) or slower
1/2 scale, rear-engine dragster
90" to 150" wheel base
225 lbs. minimum
5hp Briggs & Stratton engine block
Gas or Alcohol fuel only
Junior Dragster Policies and Rules
1. All drivers MUST have a valid participant card.
2. ET's will be as follows:
Ages Maximum E.T. Warning Disqualification
10-17 7.90 7.70 7.50
3. If a child has not raced before, he/she must make a
minimum of 2 passes down the track
4. Drivers decide lane choice.
5. Follow directions from Starter at all times.
6. Do not do burn-outs until told by Starter to do so.
Crossing the line on a burnout is not
reason for disqualification.
7. All cars must stage under their own power.
8. Contestants are allowed ONE opportunity to pull back
and re-stage in the event of an
involuntary over stage. Raise both hands for pullback and full re-stage. During
eliminations, only the Starter may pullback. Deep stage is allowed.
9. Any protest or misunderstanding must be lodged before
the race is initiated. (i.e. both
cars react on green light)
10. The Starter decisions will be final. What the Starter says is LAW!
11. All races are run with a .5 tenths full tree.
12. Left lane exits first, right lane stays behind left
lane then exits. In the event the car
cannot make the first exit, that car should line up in the right lane and use the
second exist at the end of the track.
13. All other NHRA rules will be followed. Failure
to follow these rules will be grounds
for disqualification and loss of points.
14. Ladder will be blind draw. A first round bye
will be determined by first pick in
drawing. Second round or later bye will be determined by driver closest to his/
her dial from the previous round.
15. In the event of unsportsman like conduct by parent
or driver, driver will be dis-
qualified from the current race and suspended from the next eligible race.